Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Favorite Dinner Rolls

My Favorite Dinner Rolls

I don’t know about your family but mine loves fresh baked breads. The give the entire house a really stay at home mom “homey” smell. I use the recipe provided by “Cuisine at Home Magazine,” only I half it and cheat a bit to save time and effort. Of course, this is a secret; I let people think I am kneading dough all day.

This is my bread machine version of the recipe and what I do:

2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
Pinch of sugar
1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
1 egg beaten
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon table salt
3 ½ cups all purpose flour

1 bread machine

1. Put the yeast in warm water with the pinch of sugar and cover for 10 minutes
2. Stir together the egg, sugar, salt, and oil put in the bottom of the machine
3. Put the 3 ½ cups of flour on top of that
4. Pour in the yeast mixture
5. Start machine on basic setting
6. Remove dough after rising
7. Punch down and roll into balls the size of golf balls and place on jelly roll pan
8. Cover & let rise a second time in a warm place for 40 – 45 minutes
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes

This made 24 for me which I basted with Italian herb butter after removing them from the oven and then sprinkled with pecorino romano cheese.

Picture scanned from magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment