Monday, February 1, 2010

Perfection Pancakes ~ semi homemade

If you as old as I am you probably remember watching episodes of “Green Acres” on television and probably can form a good mental picture when I say that for years and years I made “Green Acres' pancakes."

This year I decided to go on a quest for the perfect fast pancake. One that is light and can even be good eaten without syrup and this is the resulting recipe I came up after having researched the topic on All Recipes.



Perfection Pancakes
(makes eight 4” cakes)

1 C boxed pancake mix (I used Hungry Jack Original)
1 egg
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 C milk or half & half
1 teaspoon Madagascar Vanilla
1/3 C club soda

Butter to coat griddle each time you pour cakes

Directions
1. Heat Skillet or griddle to 375 degrees F.

2. Mix all ingredients in the order listed. It’s important that the club soda is mixed in last so the pancakes are light and airy.

3. Rub the stick on butter over the heated griddle or pan and then add ¼ C of your batter using a measuring cup.

4. When bubbles form all over the batter flip cake and finish cooking.

5. Serve immediately with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment